The Way Forward
Numerous research organizations, academic institutions and public interest groups have all spoken out to voice concern about the negative economic, environmental, food and engine performance effects of current U.S. biofuel policy.
There is a smarter solution. We’re calling on lawmakers to revisit the failed Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) and enact policies that take our collective concerns into account.
Americans deserve a policy framework where:
- Goals and outcomes are informed by markets, not mandates
- Our natural resources are used strategically and efficiently
- America’s crops and cropland are dedicated to providing food and feed, not fuel
- Consumers’ right to safety and value come first
- The success of policies and programs are evaluated on real-world performance, and are not vulnerable to fraud and manipulation
If you agree, sign up here to receive future updates from SmarterFuelFuture.org.